4.12.2009

Thing 19: Other social networking sites

I'm a member of several other social networking sites. I have another blog on Livejournal. Technically, it too is a social networking site. You can create communities based around any interest imaginable. There are community blogs for people with specific mental disorders, and who like specific TV shows, or books, or movies. There's communities for people who are interested in certain crafts, or animals or cars. There is even a community devoted to "Multi Dimensional Rantings and Theories" Ie. Time travel.

I had to look that one up to be sure. Even though it's listed as one of my interests, I never thought to check and see if there was a blog community set up for it.


Of those social networking sites listed, I've frequented playlist.com the most.
Drop the project...no need for it. It's just playlist.com.
It's great for when you have a song stuck in your head but you don't have it on your computer.
I also frequent flickster. Just not all that often.

I checked out fuzzster.com. It's cute, but I know I'll never use it. I'll keep it in mind for a couple of friends, though. They might appreciate it more.

Crafts looked interesting. It seems like a sort of forum based thing. I'm not big on forums, but I'll look at it more when I have more time.
After checking the wikipedia list of social networking sites, I've also done the whole classmates.com thing. I hate how you have to pay to communicate with anyone.
I'm also a big fan of DeviantART although I've not made my own profile on it. I just look at people's art, or download the photoshop brushes people make for use.
Fun stuff.

I also use meetup.com. There's two meetups in the g'ville area that interest me. I have yet to attend any of the meetings though. Board games.
Love em...never can find anyone to play either. I found a group of people that get together once a month through meetup.com
I've also used myheritage.com to do some research into my family tree.

Seriously...There are so many things on that list from Wiki that I can't see someone who uses a computer and hasn't used at LEAST one.

No comments:

Post a Comment