4.12.2009

Thing 14: Online Productivity tools

OI!
That handy little idea I had last post didn't work. You know the one were I do a blog a day, or blog when I've got insomnia.
I blame Runescape.
Stupid game.

So, this seems like it might have been helpful thing to do earlier.
This should totally be thing 1!!!

First off, I refuse to change the start page on my computer at home or at work. I have it sent the way I like it.
Not doing it and no one can make me.
*sticks out tongue and flaps it at the world*

Secondly, I use Igoogle. Have for years.
Funny thing that Google. It's useful for so many things and has a much catchier name than Yahoo. I've got so many things on my IGoogle that absoultely MUST haves...

Let's see...
First, and most important, is my email

I've also got the weather in JAX, G'Ville, St. Augustine and Cedar Key. You NEVER know when the urge to go to the beach is gunna strike. This way I know the weather at all the closest beaches as well as my own weather.

I have a date and time thing on it too...which is pointless since I can look at my wrist and already know it. I may take that off.

We have local movie listings, a calendar, and an online translator (Never know when you want to say "Don't touch my cookies" in Japanese!)

I have my ever useful cookie click that gives me my fortune of the day.
"You will have the best life EVER" Lucky numbers are 8, 40,22,30,20,41

I have brain teasers and a sudoku puzzle, Mahjong and color junction, who wants to be a millioniare and Are you Smarter than a fifth grader. I also have hangman. You need things that keep your mind sharp, right?
I also have a few that are just for fun like Pacman and today's horoscopes.

I've got Einstein's quote of the day and National Geographics picture of the day. I've also got funny cat pictures of the day
"You eated my cookie"
I guess the cat is talking about the fortune cookie I consumed a moment ago.

I also like to know the Moon's phase. Waning Gibbous at 93% full.

I have all these wonderful tools to help me out...
...and it's been so long since I used any of them.

For me, Online productivity tools just don't work.
Give me that cold hard calender thumbtacked to my wall with barely legible scribbles and highlighters marking SUPER IMPORTANT appointments. Little red hearts around special days and big black Xs for deadlines.

To do lists?
I have my handwritten ABC lists. A in red means DO NOW. B in Yellow means DO THIS WEEK. C in green means...someday, I'd like to see these things done, someday, they will make it to list B. And MAYBE...maybe they'll make it to list A, but probably not.
Grocery lists? Why make them on a computer?
Put them in your head and forget them when you get to the store. That way, you get to see the cute guy that bags the groceries again tomorrow. Right?

At the library I can't be bothered to use anything more than outlook. I'm only at my computer for twenty minutes a day max.

No comments:

Post a Comment