2.03.2009

Thing 6: Flickr Mashups

Insomnia -- It's good for some things...like getting caught up with my 23 things. 4, 5, and 6 in one night. Not bad, if I do say so myself.
Of course, the goal is to learn.

And have fun.
Which I did.
I posted the one thing that I got to work that I could find a way to post it-- which was splashr.

My Presentation



I also had fun with the jigsaw, but since the photos I used were my own, I'm not going to share them here. If anyone is DESPERATE to see some of my work, feel free to comment here and I'll put together a few images and post them later on.

I wasn't impressed with jigsaw tool.
It didn't do anything.
I'd have found it WAY more interesting if I could have shook the box up and put the puzzle together.
Maybe that's just me.


I've also discovered a problem I've been having.
I can't seem to find a library use for a number of these web 2.0 tools.
Sure, the RSS...
That is useful beyond the depths of my imaginations (which includes things like unicorns and gargoyles, so...really...it's VERY useful.)

Most of the things discussed so far though really seem to be useful, or entertaining, on a more personal level.

Now...
Onto some of the Flickr tools that I found that weren't listed by Neflin.

Globe Feed Maps
*Warning- this may have crashed my computer

Granted my computer is old and sad, but I was writing this as I was playing around with it.
It's a great big map. And it has the location of people that are on at the time. It's like some kind of chat thing that seemed really interesting...
But I don't think I'll be going back to explore it more.
If you have a nice new awesome computer...go for it.
My cried too long for me to want to go back again.

Most of the features still won't work this morning, and the presentation is about all I could find from the links posted on NEFLIN's blog that would work.

Sadly, this thing was mostly a disappointment for me.
I shall attempt to access some of this at work to see if my computer there isn't as sad my home computer.

**Edit-
I have gotten these things to work!
Here is my word in pictures!
C R Dismantled Neon Letter Pewter Ransom Font w

No comments:

Post a Comment