2.03.2009

Thing 5: Flickr


I sit on a fence when it comes to photosharing sites.
I've found ways to share pictures with family and friends at places that host, but don't show off your pictures to everyone who comes along.
In that way, I can pass links along to those individuals who I actually want to show my pictures to.

As a photographer, I have some issues with people being able to swipe my images off the net.

That said...
I decided on option A.
I figured I could help out a friend who has some photo assignments coming up and look through there for some inspiring photos.

Her assignments were on motion and there are a lot of good pictures on Flickr.
I chose the above image.
The photo is by althani_1986
I'm rather impressed with most of the photos by this individual.

Here is the entire search for motion.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=motion&page=2

Overall, the experience using flicker is simple. Plug in the keyword and it'll bring back every picture someone has put that tag in.

I WOULD do option B...
But I'm old school. I don't even own a digital camera. (Yet.)
But if I get one before the 23 things are over, you better believe I'll come back and do option B

No comments:

Post a Comment