1.23.2009

Thing 3

I'm playing a bit with the fonts and types for this post.

Thing three involves Technorati and blog search engines. This is a whole new area for me and I'll admit, I was a little intimidated. More than a little. I've put this off nearly a week. My little sphere of Livejournal was my extent of blogging. They have fairly easy search engines within the site for finding different interests and ultimately...if you find someone with your interest, or a community page with your interest, you'll find blog posts about your interest.

Technorati was confusing, intimidating and not really all that helpful for the things I looked up.
One of the alternate sites lead me to google blog Search.
That site brought back many more blog posts on my subjects. I found more useful than Technorati and more user friendly.

On the other hand...if you're just browsing, Technorati has things like top 100 blogs, and a blog directory that beats the pants off Google's 12 choices.
I guess if you have a specific topic you want to see blogs about, Google is the way to go...and if you're just bored and looking for something more random, Technorati will fit the bill.

No comments:

Post a Comment