1.22.2009

Thing 2

Why are you participating in 23 Things @ NEFLIN? What do you hope to learn?

I was skeptical of my participation at first. There had been a buzz about 23 things at our library before Neflin came in for their presentation. I didn't do too much research before hand because I figured Neflin would tell me everything I needed to know about it.

During the presentation, I heard a few tools named that I already had familiarity with like MySpace and facebook.
So I looked into it after the presentation.
The more I thought about it, the more I felt the tools listed would be good to learn and understand. Every year we're becoming more of a technologically based society and to stay relevant, libraries need embrace the changes of society. I realized by the time I finish my Masters Degree we'll be even more ingrained in the internet. It makes sense to learn about some of these things now.

I even put a call out on my personal blog for my friends to follow along with me.



I'm also still trying to adjust to all the nifty gadgets to change my HTML.

We know time is always an issue--Stephen Abram shares some ideas on where to find the time for 23 Things. Where will you find the time?

Honestly, time is the easy part. I don't care who you are, everyone has 15 minutes a day they can spare.
I take two days.
One day to read the prompt. Another day is spent doing the things in it and if needed, a third for writing if I can't finish in that day.

Granted, this is only Thing 2. I may find myself WAY behind in a couple of weeks.


What are you looking forward to in 23 Things @ NEFLIN?

I'm looking forward to Wikis and Photosharing and Editing.
As a photographer, I'm always looking for new ways to share my images. I've learned...always read the fine print. And I've always been interested in Wikipedia. I think it's an awesome way to compile knowledge into one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment